Ah, another Memorial Day weekend...

spent working behind the counter. Do I mind? Of course not. My friends and enemies alike are spending it camping and having cookouts and such, but I feel they are missing the point. Memorial Day is a day of memories, of harking back to pay tribute to the fallen, of those who have sacrificed for our benefit. Work isn't necessarily fun, at least for most of us; we shouldn't just spend this holiday frolicking without a care, without a hint of the loss we all bear. Isn't that right. It is.

And while we're at it, I rather like to bathe in the fluorescent's gaze and the soft glow of the computer monitor. What I don't like is the constant whine and cringe inducing honk of the customer's rant:
"You should be outside; it's gorgeous!"
"If you can get out of here for an hour you're gonna love it!"
"Too bad you're stuck in here."

Actually, it wouldn't be that bad being stuck in here, except I have to listen to that crap. So shut up, people, and let me enjoy my Memorial Day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does God Care About Football?

Change? Who needs change?